Junghans has been giving time its own face for over 150 years. The love of detail and the high standards of design and quality have characterized the products since they were founded in 1861. As early as 1903, Junghans was the world’s largest watch manufacturer with over 3,000 employees. The development of precise movements made the company the largest chronometer manufacturer in Germany in 1951 and the third largest in the world in 1956. In the same year Max Bill designed the first watches for the company. At the 1972 Olympic Games, Junghans sets new standards in timekeeping as official timekeeper. 1990 Junghans presents the world’s first radio controlled watch. In 2009, Schramberg entrepreneurs Dr. Hans-Jochem and Hannes Steim took over the traditional company. Junghans still manufactures all its watches on the company’s historic premises today. For over 150 years, Junghans watches have combined watchmaking and design expertise made in Germany with perfect design.